Tuesday 26 March 2013

'I Just Showed Her How Remorseful And Sorry I Was': Chris Brown On How He Won Back Rihanna




Their reconciliation shocked the world after he brutally beat her in a vicious 2009 attack, leaving her severely bruised and battered.

And now Chris Brown has revealed how he won back Rihanna following the assault.

In his most candid interview yet, the R&B star takes full responsibility of the incident, admitting that the attack was completely his fault.

'It’s all about my responsibility,' he told Ryan Seacrest in an interview with KIIS-FM radio on Tuesday.

The singer says that he tried his best to reform himself over the years until the couple recently reconciled, and that he was never sure that Rihanna would ever even speak to him again.

He added that he was 'eternally grateful' that in the end she found it within herself to forgive him, leading to their reconciliation.


'I just tried my best to be the best man I could be over the years and just show her how remorseful and sorry I was for the incident and that time was probably the worst part of my life and being that she has and she’s a wonderful person

I’m eternally grateful and thankful,' he said.

While he may have won back his girlfriend, the singer acknowledges that it might not be so easy to win back the public's affection.

'People are entitled to their opinions. I can’t go around blaming. It’s all about my responsibility and me growing up as a man,' he said.

And while some of his recent antics, including getting into a bar brawl with fellow singer Drake and shouting out obscenities in nightclub, have been deemed as childish and immature, Chris says he realises that it might now be time to grow up.

'I think now that I’m becoming older, and trying to mature in this life under the public eye at all times, I have to focus on doing the right thing and being more of a humble individual,' he admitted.

Chris, who reignited his romance with Rihanna last year, also revealed details about their relationship, describing it as 'childlike'.

'It’s still like we’re kids. I try not to be too grown and be like, "Lets have candlelight dinner every night." I try to make sure everything is fun. It has to be fun and it has to be genuine,' he explained.

This isn't the first time Chris has spoken out about his infamous attack on Rihanna.

Last month he told The Mirror that the incident was the 'greatest regret' of his life, but wasn't as forthcoming in taking the blame for the attack.

'That night was the deepest regret of my life, the biggest mistake,' he said.

'But she loves me – what can I say? I’m forgiven… but, yes, I worked hard for it.

'Sometimes you row, you fight, with the one you love and things get said, stuff spirals.'

Chris continues to face a public backlash against his actions, which left Rihanna bruised and battered after he attacked her during an argument back in 2009.

He was sentenced to a five-year probation and six months of community service by a court after admitting to the assault.

Due in part to the fact that the pair have reconciled, they've faced a fresh onslaught from domestic abuse campaigners and the general public.



Culled from Dail Mail UK

No comments:

Post a Comment