Saturday 31 January 2015

Serena Williams Wins Australian Open + Speech




Serena Williams is like a moving train without brakes. She just won the females Australian Open for the 6th time in her career, which brings her total Grand Slams to 19!!! She beat her 6-3, 7-6 (7-5). She's just 3 Grand Slams away from matching Steffi Graff's record

Here's a transcript of her acceptance speech...

I have to congratulate Maria. She gave us a great final, not only for you guys but for women’s tennis. I’m really honoured I got to play you in the final. Growing up, I wasn’t the richest, but I had a rich family in spirit and support, and standing here with 19 championships is something I never thought would happen. I just went on the courts with a ball and a racket and a hope. You never know what can happen. I’m so honoured to be here tonight and to hold this 19th trophy.



Here's Maria Sharapova's speech...

First of all I’ve got to congratulate Serena for creating history. It’s really an honour playing against her, I haven’t beaten her in a really long time, but I really love playing against her. So congratulations on an incredible achievement. I was almost down and out in the second round, so I feel like I had a second life in this tournament. It wasn’t quite enough today.

No comments:

Post a Comment