Monday 27 January 2014

Tottenham’s Townsend slams a girl who went on a date with United’s Januzaj, then sold story to The Sun

Tottenham’s Andros Townsend vented on Twitter on  Monday in regard to a story in The Sun in which a pretty girl sold her story about her date with Man United teenager Adnan Januzaj.

The story in the tabloid was headlined “My cheap date at Adnando’s” with the subheadlines “Star spent just £18 on meal” and “He turned up in a tracksuit”.

Delving into the meat of the story, Man United’s teenager star is demonised as a cheapskate being a £30,000-a-week star who paid the bare minimum on his date with Liverpudlian Melissa McKensie.

Failing to see any double standard in the seemingly gold-digging woman selling her story to the press, the article includes quotes from Ms McKensie including:

I was so exited for the date. We met on a social network site and I got all dressed up and even got my make-up done – cost me £30. I expected him to come to me in a flashy car, but I ended up driving him about in my old blue Fiesta and I was left to pay and display. Then he said he was taking me to Nando’s – my face fell.

Feeling the pain of his fellow professional being hung out to dry by The Sun, Tottenham midfielder Townsend took to Twitter to slam the lass at the centre of the story: These girls make me sick!! How this stuff gets in the paper I’ll never know!

A copy of The Sun’s story on Adnan Januzaj is below.



No comments:

Post a Comment